Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vacation

As I sit here, my sneaky sweet baby is raking a body part across the inside of my belly like (what I picture as) a funny alien running it's gummy finger across a chalk board. I've never loved something like this before. Tyler was watching it poke. He cried.

It occurred to me that this child could end up being a boy. It took me about a day to get that in my head. All this time, it's just been a girl, for sure. Now, one minute when it pokes me I yell, "this sneaky boy is kicking me!" and then a minute later, "she's so sweet... she likes bacon."

We leave tomorrow for Kansas City, and then the following morning we're driving to Boulder, CO. We. Are. So. Excited.

Leaving work behind will be tough for me. I'm such a worried mother-boss.

Here are some things I've learned as a Manager:
How to type on a number keypad without looking (I love doing that)
This list will be boring, so I'm going to stop with the number keypad thing.

Laundry time. Vacation time. Will update when I get back.

Have I mentioned that I will be a stay at home mom starting Thanksgiving? Well, I guess I mean in December when I'm a mom. It's true. I'm excited. Stay at home mom/yoga teacher/who knows what else.

1 comment:

  1. like bacon, huh? :)
    You're hi-larious. I'm so happy/jealous you get to go to CO. I haven't been in 10+ years.
    I just feel like this pregnancy is going so fast. Do you? I can't believe she's already raking your insides. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete