Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's day

My mom's sweet friend (and our next door neighbor growing up) Cindy passed away. Probably the most hilarious, crazy, positive, cancer fighter there was... up there with Mrs. Dees. The string of emotions that cancer, sickness, death, or just plain brokenness causes me to feel is so strange. All I know is that this place is not the way it's supposed to be, and in all the darkness I'm constantly pointed to how God is going to fix this place and us. I know Cindy can see that now, and some day we'll all see it completely. I keep going from straight pissed to confused to remorse, and then joy. It's not supposed to be this way, but it won't always be this way. Even though I haven't talked to Cindy in years, she impacted me because she impacted my mom and I love her for that.

I'm tired and unhealthy. Only six more days in a row of work, and then the weekend off.

Happy Mother's day to my sweet mom, my sweet sisters, and all the other mom's that I love. I put my mom through some sweet torture in high school. College too, getting married when I was a baby, and staying moved away. Mom, I love you so much and someday I'll live close to you and we can hang out.

It's almost 7 pm and I want a nap.


1 comment:

  1. I hate sickness and cancer and this fallen world. I am so sorry your family has had this loss. Love and miss you. Move back already. Oh, and have babies, here.

    ReplyDelete