Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I had a Management Meeting today in Washington, Missouri. It's an hour drive from St. Charles, and I always carpool with Lauren's husband Ken, the manager of another store (Tyler and I were in Lauren and Ken's wedding in March). I started to get ready and was shedding a lot of hair, so I decided that was gross and I brushed my hair. Well then it was really fine and ugly looking, so I curled one side... but then I looked really proper, so I straightened my hair and had a middle part, and then Ken was here to pick me up... so I looked like a 70's flower child with long straight blonde hair and a middle part for the meeting. I ended up putting my hair in a ponytail because with straight hair, my dreadlocks pop right out from underneath and look a little scary. Like lucky rabbit feet, right Alyson?

One of the company owners is really excited to do a Good Form Walking clinic at our stores during Customer Appreciation Week in October. She wanted someone knowledgeable on the subject and who believed in it to teach the clinic. No one really had anyone at their stores who fit the description. So... I said, "I've been pose running for a few years, which is Good Form Running with a different name... which is the same thing as Good Form Walking except you're running, and I can tell you about the benefits of running mid-foot as opposed to heel to toe. I believe in it." That's all I said, so now I'm going to teach clinics at each store during October. I don't know what got into me, but I think I'll do a good job.

That's pretty much it. I'm going to spend my evening eating pizza and watching a movie with my swollen-glands husband. I'm off work tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to go to yoga.. after that it's just a freaking adventure. I will drink coffee. Maybe I'll go for a run? I'll probably smile all day long. I'll probably go for a walk and practice Good Form Walking :) So I can teach it... and I'm going to listen to Beirut all day long and pretend it's Fall.

Also I ordered a buckwheat pillow...? In hopes that my neck will loosen up a bit and I can have no pain when I wake up in the morning. I'm 24 and I've got my mother's neck and weird ribs. Sometimes if I do abdominal work, I have to lay flat and push on my left rib cage and something pops in and out of place...

Alright. Love. ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ I just learned how to make that symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment