Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mopey

I've been mopey. Yesterday was pretty mopey, and today started out mopey. The dogs have been pretty bad, mostly due to it being cold outside and getting crazy inside. They knocked down my Christmas tree twice and broke a majority of the homemade ornaments... which I spent a decent amount of time on, and was also in a really bad mood while I made them. 

So, now the tree looks like poop and I'm thinking of just taking it down. Or it can stay. I don't really care anymore. The couch is covered in dog hair. Gross, I know. They normally don't get up there.. kind of.. but man, when it's too cold to play outside what else can I do. I feel like a mean mom. I yelled at them when they knocked the tree over and put them in their crate. Their crate is supposed to be a safe place where they sleep and love. I made it sad. 

Tyler truthfully asked me if we could get rid of Russ. I said no. Then he said, "Ok, what about both of them?" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. No. In two years, they will have settled down, my child will love them, and we will not be able to imagine our lives without them. I know this. I just need to chill out and breathe and have a baby. Charlotte is seriously so needy. Russ only always wants to play. This is our life. 

This morning I made breakfast for Tyler. I make breakfast off and on, but I never form the sausage patties myself. I only cook bacon because it can be done completely with a fork. Well. I made the sausage, and I ate it. And now I think I want to be a vegetarian again. Guh. It's so gross. 

I went back to bed and slept. I got a text, I told the person how mopey I was and they said "take a shower and put some makeup on." So I did. I feel better. I'm so busy waiting to have a baby that that's all I'm doing. Waiting. No need to shower, I'm just waiting. No need to get out of the house. I'll just sit here and wait. I could be waiting for another month. I know! Yesterday I said I wasn't impatient. Well. 

I'm making cheesy quinoa bites that I found on pinterest for dinner tonight. It's just a side. We're going to a friends house. I'm going to have Tyler make some baked sweet potato "fries," and he mixed up an amazing cocktail for our Gospel Community Christmas party the other night. Ginger ale, Bourbon, and OJ. 

Anyway, I made a list of things to do, so I best get to it. Also, I love the Christmas presents I made. They're just cute, sitting there on my table. I wish I could post a picture of them .

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya with the crazy dogs. You might change your mind with Russ once the baby is here. Maybe. Of course, I do understand hating them one moment and giving them squeezy hugs the next. We do love Lucy tons.
    I'm so sorry about your ornaments. How discouraging.
    Oh, I really want to make that cocktail.
    Hey, hope your day starts looking up. Have fun with your list, Love.

    ReplyDelete