Friday, December 6, 2013

New kick

Ok, I'm on a new kick. It's called dry skin brushing, and it works with your lymphatic system to remove toxins. I have read about it (helpful book on the Kindle, sisters/mom) and I just watched a short video. The woman on the video says that she's seen this technique change eye color from dark to light, or even brown to blue, just because of how much it detoxes the body. I've done it two times. My skin feels nice, it makes me feel refreshed afterwards, and it just feels nice...

A few of the benefits of dry skin brushing: 
Detoxifies the skin 
Stimulates blood flow 
Cleanses lymphatic system 
Removes dead, dull skin cells on the surface of the skin 
Stimulates and strengthens the immune system 
Stimulates hormonal and oil producing glands 
Tones muscles 
Assists digestion 
Relaxes the nervous system 
Skin becomes softer and smoother 
Skin brushing is like a gymnastic workout for the circulatory system and skin


So there you have it. 

I was starting to get sick yesterday afternoon. Achy head, neck, and upper back. So I juiced, took garlic and vitamin C, and made some Oatstraw Tea. Went to sleep at 7:45pm, woke up to eat and say hi to Tyler at 7am, and then went back to bed until 10am. Lots of sleep. It was nice. I feel back to normal now, except that my hips are hurting a great deal, like the dull ache plus period crampiness that I had when I was having contractions a few weeks ago. This child moved down some more. I'm the queen waddler now. Something just feels different. I teach tonight and both classes tomorrow... should be interesting!

The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment