Friday, March 9, 2012

"I was afraid I'd eat your brains, cause I'm evil."

Apparently I have some kind of virus. I started to feel sick 3 days ago. I went into work a couple hours on my day off and really felt gross. Came home and laid around all day. But this is what always happens to me when I get a sore throat - I can't lay down because it feels like my throat is full when I do (I always say that there's a boiled egg stuck in my throat). I start to salivate and dry heave, but I usually just sit up as fast as possible and the problem goes away (but sleeping sitting up sucks). Last night was the pits. Our headboard won't really allow me to prop myself up, so around 10:30 I went to the couch. If Tyler had known, he would have been upset. He just can't handle me sleeping in the other room. And he's sweet.

Anyway, I went to the couch. When I was done talking to everyone on Facebook about my symptoms, and no one else would play me in Words With Friends, I tried to sleep. I took NyQuil. It took forever, but eventually it happened. When I woke up at 5:30 am, I couldn't move my left leg. It hurt so bad. My left hip was like... just excruciating pain. I tried to lay in a comfy position, but I couldn't find one. I'm a baby, but I nearly cried... more out of panic though. I forced myself to get up and limp to bed so Tyler could agree with me that it was really weird. It took me forever to find a position where it wasn't awful, and I finally found a position that was only kind of awful. Charlotte leaned against me and would stare at me when I moaned. Yes, I moaned. I thought the virus was eating my bones.

I took some ibuprofen. When I woke up 3 hours later, it was only a little painful. Like someone punched me in the hip yesterday and I'm sore from it. I need you to understand, it wasn't like when you sit on your hand for too long and your wrist hurts for 17 seconds. This was like, there is something in my hip hurting me at this very second. Tyler asked to take me to the ER, but that felt silly. You only go there if you're bleeding profusely or your heart stops.

Anyway, I know people who think that before Jesus comes back we'll all be zombies, hence the title of this post (which is from a song). Here's to hoping I don't become a zombie.

I curled my hair yesterday. It looks pretty. Then Charlotte chewed the plug off of my curling iron. She loves plugs. I went to throw it away, but Tyler was sad because he likes my curled hair. He said I couldn't buy another curling iron, but that I had to go to some magical store and buy a plug and weld them back together. Does anyone see how ridiculous that it?

I hate feeling helpless. There is a small part of me that likes sitting in bed, but the rest of me feels bad for not being at work. I'm not just controlling, they do need me. And I'm controlling.

Amanda, thanks for your comment on my last post. I laughed and cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment